Current:Home > ContactWill Sage Astor-Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason -Capitatum
Will Sage Astor-Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason
Johnathan Walker View
Date:2025-04-06 16:31:48
Jenelle Evans is Will Sage Astorready for her family to move forward.
After splitting from David Eason following six years of marriage, the Teen Mom 2 alum sat down with her 15-year-old son Jace Evans—who she shares with ex Andrew Lewis—to see how he was handling her estranged husband's absence.
"I feel a lot safer," Jace told Jenelle in a clip of MTV's Teen Mom: The Next Chapter season finale shared to TikTok Sept. 13, "without David."
He added, "He's gone now. I'm, like, fine."
And the matriarch—who is also mom to Kaiser, 9, from a previous relationship, and daughter Ensley, 7, with David—was able to breathe a sigh of relief in return. "I'm sorry it didn't happen sooner," Jenelle said, "but I was trying."
And while she was happy that Jace felt more comfortable in their new normal, the 16 & Pregnant alum wanted to clear the air on any lingering emotions her son might feel about her relationship with David, who she previously described as "emotionally abusive."
She asked Jace, "Do you feel any anger or resentment towards me?"
For the teenager, the answer wasn't a simple yes or no. "[At] the time, I did," Jace explained, "but now that we're out of all this crazy drama, it's just calm. Everything is good now."
Jenelle filed a complaint for separation from David in a North Carolina court back in March, according to documents obtained by The Sun at the time. In the filing, the 32-year-old said that the pair called it quits with "the intent that the separation be permanent" and alleged that David had "exhibited concerning and at times disturbing behavior" toward her throughout their marriage.
The request came three months after David was indicted by a grand jury on child abuse charges stemming from a September 2023 incident between him and Jace, which are still pending. David has since denied all the allegations in a statement to E! News, saying, "I can not elaborate on any of that at this time but I can tell you that those things did not happen."
As for Jenelle, she filed a restraining order against David in May and has since cited gaining full custody of Jace from her mom Barbara Evans in March 2023 as the main catalyst for deciding to walk away from their marriage.
"I didn't want anything, anything to come in between that," Jenelle told E! News in June, adding of David, "So for him to come in between that, it was just a real breaking point for me as well. I've been at the battle for Jace for years, and it's like, he's finally here. So I'm not messing that up."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (19)
Related
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Without proper air conditioning, many U.S. schools forced to close amid scorching heat
- New findings revealed in Surfside condo collapse investigation
- Hurricane Lee charges through open Atlantic waters as it approaches northeast Caribbean
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- The long road winding down at the World Cup, where semifinals await Team USA
- Britney Spears Reveals How She Really Felt Dancing With a Snake During Her Iconic 2001 VMAs Performance
- Performing arts center finally opens at ground zero after 2 decades of setbacks and changed plans
- Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
- AI used to alter imagery or sounds in political ads will require prominent disclosure on Google
Ranking
- San Francisco names street for Associated Press photographer who captured the iconic Iwo Jima photo
- Kendra Wilkinson admitted to emergency room for reported panic attack
- 'We started celebrating': 70-year-old woman wins $452,886 from Michigan Lottery Fast Cash game
- Man charged with aiding Whitmer kidnap plot testifies in own defense
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- Report: NFL analyst Mina Kimes signs new deal to remain at ESPN
- UAW chief says time is running out for Ford, GM and Stellantis to avoid a strike
- Canadian journalist and author Peter C. Newman dies at 94
Recommendation
The company planning a successor to Concorde makes its first supersonic test
The long road winding down at the World Cup, where semifinals await Team USA
Corporate Nature Restoration Results Murky at Best, Greenwashed at Worst
Historic flooding event in Greece dumps more than 2 feet of rain in just a few hours
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
Grizzly that killed woman near Yellowstone and attacked someone in Idaho killed after breaking into house
Federal judge deals another serious blow to proposed copper-nickel mine on edge Minnesota wilderness
Eric Church, Miranda Lambert and Morgan Wallen to headline Stagecoach 2024